FROM THE MUSEUM to THE WCNCR
*** Please note that your group will use a single pass. Your primary contact must be present for your group to be admitted. All members of your group must enter the museum at the same time.
Entering the Museum
- Your group does not need to arrive early. You will not be admitted prior to the time on your pass.
- Prior to entering the museum, ensure that all members of the group are present, and the Group Timed Pass is readily available.
- As a printed paper copy,
- On your cell phone screen, or
- As a screenshot.
- NMAAHC staff will verify that the ID of the group 's primary contact, the group name, and the number of people present in the group match our records.
- The museum is located at 1400 Constitution Avenue NW, Washington, D.C. All groups should enter though the “Group Entrance” located on the Madison Drive side of the building.
- Find more information about bus parking .
- Expect to enter through a security screening. Avoid bringing large bags to move through security screens quickly. See our list of prohibited items.
Planning your Visit
- Prepare for your visit by reading our Frequently Asked Questions and reviewing the museum floor plans.
- Be aware of The Museum Shop and Sweet Home Café closing times, and the Smithsonian Institution Photography Policy.
- It is difficult to keep a large group together for the entire visit. Groups of 20 or more should consider splitting into smaller groups so that everyone can enjoy his or her time in the museum.
- Prepare to stand for long periods of time and to walk through the museum’s exhibitions. Wear comfortable shoes.
- Travel lightly. There are a limited number of lockers. Bring a quarter to use a locker; once finished, the quarter is refunded to you.
- Download the NMAAHC mobile app, and share your visit on social media @NMAAHC, a complement to your on-site museum experience.
- Plan for your departure. Make sure to designate a meeting location so that your group can leave the museum together.