My vision for Wharton Club National Capital Region is for it to be one of the premier professional clubs in the region that functions as a convening forum for influencers in the business and policy arenas and drives discussions on critical topics in economic and current affairs.
I would like to work with other board members to accomplish this and our other shared priorities through the following:
1. Collaborations with other clubs such as Economic Club of Washington and think tanks such as Brookings Institute
2. Collaborations with embassies in DC on topics relating to international business
3. Working jointly with other alumni clubs and associations of businesspersons and entrepreneurs
4. Higher involvement of alumni from the undergraduate program. I know quite a few in the area who are not very involved in the club activities
Undergraduate 2004, Major: Finance
Hasham Mehmood is a Senior Investment Officer at International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector arm of World Bank, where he is an equity investments specialist. Hasham has spent over 12 years at IFC and led investments in various sectors in MENA, Eastern Europe and across Asia Pacific. Before IFC, he was an investment banking analyst with JPMorgan in New York covering oil & gas, chemicals and utilities. He has a BS in Economics from the Wharton School majoring in Finance and a MALD from the Fletcher School majoring in Public International Law. He has been a DC area resident since 2005 with deep connectivity in the local community.
Special Skills, Qualifications & Previous Board Experience
1. Board Experience and Event Planning: During undergraduate and graduate studies I have been on the board of many student organizations where I planned and organized speaker events and gatherings. I was involved in sourcing speakers, marketing and various event logistics.
2. Public Speaking: I bring extensive experience in public speaking over many years. I have participated in and moderated panel discussions and interviews at conferences, made presentations to large audiences, and conducted discussion groups. I also had the honor to be the class speaker at the commencement ceremony of my graduate school.
3. Quantitative and Strategic Analysis: my experience as an investment professional at International Finance Corporation has helped build my abilities in both technical analysis and strategic thinking.
4. Other: My volunteer experience includes working for a non-profit to review proposals for funding health, education and energy projects at grassroots level in developing countries, conducting interviews for Penn undergraduate admissions.